EP 168 3 Keys to More Productive Meetings
Who here hates meetings?
Help you feel confident and empowered as a leader
My name is Kirsten Ross Vogel, author, HR Pro and CEO of Focus Forward Coaching where we help leaders who want to make a bigger, bolder impact
- defeat team drama
- 4X productivity,
- And improve their bottom line
- with simple, actionable strategies, systems and mindset shifts.
Common Meeting Frustrations
- Meetings Starting and Ending Late – LOOK AROUND AND CONSIDER THE TIME AND…..MONEY BEING WASTED!
- People Not Attending or Not Prepared
- Feeling Like You are Wasting Time
- Unclear Objective ~ Why Am I Here?
- Including Unnecessary People in the Meeting – HIGH JACK MTG, IRRELEVANT OR NOT FACT BASED OPINIONS
- Dealing with Power Struggles and Undefined Roles
- Texting/Emailing During Meetings!
- Sidebar Conversations – OR BACKHALL AFTER THE FACT
- No Follow Through / No Progress
- The Meeting Must have at Least 1 Goal
- A Real Goal – sharing info, discussing, deciding, sharing ideas? –quick updates among team members or departments Not just someone said we should have meetings
- A Meeting Must have the Key Players – if you need to make decisions but decision makers aren’t available – don’t have the meeting
- A Series of Meetings Must Create Progress
- Real Progress – if you decide in the meeting assign next steps – what will happen before the next meeting and who is accountable
Struggling with a Team or Family Business Challenge? Grab a spot on my calendar. You’ll get a Business Breakthrough in 15 minutes and we’ll talk next steps. DefeatTheDrama.com/call